President Obama has made health care a priority for his administration, and has proposed 8 principles for quality health care:
- Protect families’ financial health.
- Make health coverage affordable.
- Aim for universality.
- Provide portability of coverage.
- Guarantee choice.
- Invest in prevention and wellness.
- Improve patient safety and quality care.
- Maintain long-term fiscal sustainability.
This is going to be a KEY period in health care, and might determine the face of U.S. health care for the next generation. I intend to post again soon to give some thoughts on the issue.